About our Rental Application and Screening Process. Please Read Carefully
If you are interested in renting one of our houses or apartments, we would be very happy to accept your application. But before you apply, we would like to explain our policies and screening methods.
- Each adult (18 yrs. or older) who will be living at the residence must fill out a separate and complete Rental Application.
- There is a $35.00 fee required with each Rental Application which is due when you are ready to turn in your application. (This is to cover our expenses with various background checks which we need to perform.) The fee is non-refundable and must be paid in exact cash, cashier’s check, or money order only.
- With your Rental Application you will need to submit two of your most recent paystubs or proof of income to demonstrate that the rent is affordable to you and you will not have any difficulty paying it. All income must be non-temporary. Additionally, each applicant 18 years and older shall submit a copy of a valid and current government issued form of photo identification.
- We will only accept and process applications that are turned in complete. Please be sure you have filled out ALL fields, and attached all required documentation, before submitting your application. Rental Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
- The first qualified applicant will be accepted. We require proof of Renter’s Insurance coverage prior to move-in. Renter’s Insurance is not required if your housing is Federally subsidized or your income is less than the median income for the area.
1. Although we strive to process all applications as quickly as possible, it may take up to 72 hours to complete the processing, depending on reference responses and background checks. We greatly appreciate your patience during this time. Here at Rogue Valley Property Management we treat our tenants with the utmost respect and professionalism, and expect the same in return. If at any time during the application process you exhibit a demeanor which is indicative of a tenant who is discourteous or indifferent toward a landlord or neighbors, we reserve the right to deny your application.
2. After verifying employment we will then determine if your income is sufficient. We need to see that your monthly gross income will be at least 3 times as much as your monthly rent. Your income (from work or other means) must be documented and verifiable
3. After verifying your income, your rental history will be checked. Two years of positive rental history is required, within the last five years. If you are using a relative as a reference, you must show cancelled checks as proof of rent payment, for the last 24 months. It is your responsibility to provide us with sufficient information to allow us to contact your past landlords. We reserve the right to deny your application if after making a good-faith effort, we are unable to verify your rental history or if we consider your rental history to be unsatisfactory for any reason.
4. We will do a credit check through Equifax Credit Services. If this credit check is unfavorable, your Rental Application will not be approved. A copy of this report is available to you by contacting Equifax Credit Services at 1-800-377-6568.
Your Rental Application will not be approved if:
- You have a court ordered eviction.
- You have been convicted of the manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance in the last five years.
- Previous landlords would be disinclined to rent to you because of any reason pertaining to the behavior of yourself, your guests or your pets.
- You have violated or failed to fulfill any previous rental or lease agreement.
If Your Application is Not Approved
You will be notified by the phone number on your application and a letter will be sent to the address on your application.
After your Rental Application is approved, you will need to sign a Rental Agreement or Deposit to Hold, and provide required funds (Please see acceptable Payment Methods) within 24 hours of acceptance, which will explain your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. If you would like to see a copy of our Rental Agreement, please feel free to ask for one at any time. ***If your lease begins within the last 10 calendar days of a month, your move-in charges due at your lease signing, will include the pro-rated rent for the current month, the security deposit, and full month’s rent for the following month.
Deposit to Hold
If you cannot move in to the property right away, you may sign a Deposit to Hold form and submit a deposit of $250.00 for us to hold the property for you up to 5 calendar days. This deposit will be applied toward your total move-in charges. After 5 days a lease will begin and all remaining move-in charges need to be paid as well as transfer of required utilities that are the responsibility of the tenant. The Deposit to Hold is non-refundable, meaning that if you decide not to lease the property, your deposit will be forfeited. The longest we can hold a property with a Deposit to Hold is 5 days. If a Rental Agreement or Deposit to Hold accompanied by required funds is not received within 24 hours of application approval, other Rental Applications will be considered for the property.
Money Orders or Cashiers Checks will be the only accepted form of payment for “move-in-monies”. Money Orders, Cashiers Checks, EPayment, or ACH Debit will be the only accepted form of payment for monthly rent payments that are on time. If rent is paid late, the only form of accepted payment is certified funds (Money order or cashier’s check). Late rent payments will incur a fee.